At Genesis, we view physical therapy as an integral part of your health and fitness journey. Few other locations are able to offer both high end performance training as well as rehabilitation under the same roof. However, at Genesis, we view physical therapy as an integral part of your health and fitness journey. Our in-house physical therapist, Michael, has background in collegiate athletics and has worked in the field of sports medicine for multiple years. Physical therapy sessions with Michael will use a combination of manual techniques, therapeutic exercise and sport specific training, as well as cutting edge techniques and modalities.
- Orthopedic or Sports Injuries
- Elbow, Shoulder, Hip, Knee, Foot/Ankle
- Overuse Injuries
1. The Sparc Assessment
It is a screen designed to capture each client’s strengths and weaknesses. Upon completion of the assessment, each client will sit down with the physical therapist and member of the training staff in order to devise a bulletproof plan to achieve your goals and optimize your full potential.
- Review of past medical history
- Subjective report of your health and fitness goals
- On-table physical therapy assessment
- FMS Testing with video analysis
- Select movement and strength testing with video analysis
2. Physical Therapy
Each patient will first undergo an initial evaluation in order to gain a better grasp on the scope of the injury or condition and establish a plan of care. Subsequent visits will range from 30-60 minute sessions treatment techniques.
- Manual Therapy
- Soft Tissue Modalities (cupping, scraping)
- Dry Needling
- Therapeutic Exercise
- Neuromuscular Re-education
3. Soft Tissue Work
- Not necessarily injured, but have a tight or sore area that has been bothering you? A soft tissue treatment session may be for you.
- Soft tissue sessions can be scheduled in 15, 30, or 60 minute sessions
- Techniques include cupping, scraping, or dry needling